[T3] 6V -> 12V

I have plans to convert my newly accuired '64 Notch to 12 V. I have a
'67 engine from which I can use the chokes, cut-off valves and
generator. A Bug owner I know tells me that the 6V starter motor will
work on 12V as long as I don't run it for more than 20 seconds. A 12V
horn and a coil can easily be found on the scrapyard. If anyone has
experience from this area, I would be grateful for answers to the
following questions:

1. I can easily find a 12V regulator from a Bug on the local scrapyard.
Will this work in a Type 3?

2. The biggest problem will probably be the wiper motor. Does anyone
know if a later (67-73) type 3 wiper motor will fit.

3. Will the tank sender and fuel gauge work with 12V?

4. Same as above for the clock?

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
'64 1500S Notchback - Brynhilde
'58 Beetle Sunroof