Re: [T3] Don't know much about wires and gauges

On 3 Mar 99, at 8:08, Phil Dillard wrote:

> Key of C...sing along if you wish:
>
>   Don't know much about wires and gauges,
>   Look at the pictures and turn the pages...

I see we are of the same generation, if not of the same ilk....

> W¨2ning the needle on my fuel gauge in my '71 Square suddenly started
> oscillating wildly, jerking left and right like a metronome on steroids.
> Makes it heck to figure gas mileage...

I seem to recall that my 71 did the same thing. I think it is a poor
ground to the gas gauge module. Try wiggling it. Even though the
other two modules got good ground tabs in 69, I suspect that the
gauge still gets its ground from the points on the ends of the two
retaining springs that snap against the inside of the dash.

Jim