Re: [T3] Ignition switch removal

On 28 Jun 99, at 22:08, Steve Glavas wrote:

> Per my experience just recently with a '71, you basically need to strip the
> entire steering column.  Everything, I mean everything, will need to come
> off from that column (well, only the end the driver touches).

I need not be THAT hard!

> You basically need to remove the black metal housing which sits around the
> steering column.  This is the same housing that bolts to the dash.  Once you
> have it out, then you can pull the keyed part of the ignition switch.

You just need to remove the steering wheel, TS switch, wiper switch,
steering column bottom cover plate (to unplug the electrical
connections to the switch), and then just follow the Bentley
instructions on how to pull the lock and switch out of the column
together.

Get the Bentley. The exact procedure varies with almost every year.

Jim