Re: [T3] Jacks

You've got to be careful when taking it in to get tires, etc.  One
moron was going to jack up the rear by sticking his floor jack right
under the engine.  I soon sorted him out about that!  Safest places
are under the front beam and the ends of the spring arms on the rear.
Those are solid enough points.  Mine bears a scar from previous
encounters right behind the rear kick panel, somebody apparently tried
sticking it up on a lift in the past and put one of the jack blocks
right through the pan.  Even the jackpoints aren't really a safe
location for other than emergency tire swaps, I've seen them bent up
at least a couple of inches into the pan on wrecks.  I don't use mine
more than I have to. The jack is just the standard VW jack you can get
at a wrecking yard, just make sure you get the handle, for some reason
they're harder to find than the jack.   If you get two, then you can
make the special tool for adjusting the rear spring plate arms
illustrated in Bentley.  I've got the spare but haven't made the tool
yet.