Re: [T3] Muffler qualms

Mike=> I was sold this with the assurance that Iwas getting one that
    => would fit my '72 1600cc sqbk

It does indeed sound like you've got an early muffler, which is
functionally more or less identical to the later ones. You will have no
difficulty fitting it to the engine, just be aware that the tailpipe and
tip are smaller and will restrict your exhaust a little more. I had a
1500 setup on mine, and recently switched to a late setup that's been
opened up a bit. I gained about 200rpm.

A later tailpipe will not fit the early muffler. The muffler for your
car is usually available from Rocky Mountain and other suppliers. The
early ones are harder to find.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 343