[T3] Muffleer qualms

OK so I got this ne old stock muffler and found the time this am to really
go over it. The question is: will this really fit my car, and will it be
alright given my carb setup, as far as breathing is concerned? The muffler
is in good shape, minor surface rust, and the only thing is theres a kink
on the lip of the flange at the tailpipe outlet like a 3/16 v-shaped dent
in. AND if this is good, who has a tailpipe for me.  The info stamped on
the muffler is as follows:

LANGEść2
VW 1500S -1600 A-L-11
Variant 1500 S 54PS
AVB 1964
TYPz KBA 10270
Lange Nr. 2082-50

The OD of the tailpipe outlet before the flange is approx. 4 cm. Hard to
measure ID but looks like 3.5 m
Now I was sold this with the assurance that Iwas getting one that would fit
my '72 1600cc sqbk, but I dont like the looks of things like "Variant 1500"
and "1964"
Any advice, comments, etc. soon would be hugely appreciated.

-Mike
72 Sqbk, 1600, dual Weber ICT 34s
Brooklyn