RE: [T3] gearbox

Gene Berg Enterprises sells a 5-speed kit.  Kit cost is just over $800 and
requires welding to the body if you don't have frame horns (and if you have
frame horns you're on your own on the installation).  See:
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/ttt/transmission.html

   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/