Re: [T3] '67 Type 3 parts

Phillip wrote:

>  I a>HQµnder how much damage happens in the wrecking yard.

When I worked for Austin VeeDubs, a VW yard in Austin, TX, the guys would get out there on forklifts occasionally and see what they could do.  A favorite activity was to ram the side of a type 2 and stab it.  Then they would lift it as high as they could and tilt the forks forward until they dropped it.  Always made me kind of sick.  I lost all respect for the place a few months after starting and had to quit.  The used parts manager, who had been with them for about 15 yrs, said when they moved to their current location, they didn't feel like taking all the cars with them  He said they crushed 2 notchbacks and 1 T3 Ghia.  I wanted to go home sick after that.

Neil
65 Notch