[T3] Rebuild or T4

As you know, my head is falling off...

So, here I am with this wonderful decision to make:  Rebuild a 1600(stock,
FI) or install a T4 (stock, FI).  What I am looking for is some good advice
about rebuilding a very solid, reliable, cost not really an object stock
1600.  Let's put it this way, I want it to last 150,000 US miles, 24000
Swedish miles, or 240,000 km before the next rebuild.  Longer would be
preferable.

If you have answered this stuff before, just point me in the right
direction.  I will be buying the "Hot rodding" and "Rebuilding Air Cooled"
books very soon.  Any and all resources for this stuff would be very
helpful.

I know the exhaust valves need to be of the best quality (which would
be...?).
A balanced crank shaft would be very nice, too (will that affect the FI?  I
don't think so, but I am not sure--stock dimensions, though).
Case savers, as I have learned, are of ultimate importancXëÝÅthose
needed in a T4?)  Anything specific I should know about them (16 plus one
deep one, for example)
And, of course, a full flow oil filter (any suggestions on how or where?)
How would I handle T4 dropped seats, rather, prevent them?

Now, I just need to find out about good quality P/Cs, probably a head or
two, maybe some rods, and anything else you think would be ideal for making
the dream stock engine.  Brand names, I need brand names!  Maybe sources,
too.

What is your stance on hydraulic lifters?  Yes/No? Drawbacks? Advantages?

What are some GOOD companies for rebuilds (maybe we should make a list of
this) and some BAD companies?

What price range should I be looking at?  (for excellent quality)

I would love to do this myself, but working and going to school prevent
this.  My square is also my only source of groceries (the stores are
driving, not biking distance).

I appreciate your help on this matter, guys.

Thanks,

Steve and the Headless Square ('71)