[T3] T3 in German magazines

    When I was at the Esso station in Coburg I picked up a handfull of
German VW mags.  There were actually some T3's in there.
    One mag had an artilce about a stock look beige/grey late fastback
that had a 2.3 motor in it.  The fellow had taken his 1600 TL and
changed it to say 2300 TL!  Also, he had some sort of "water box"
under the rear seat to spray water for the tires to make a good smoke
show.
    Several of the mag's had a report of an antique car show in Essen
(?).  One of the displays was called "Puzz3D".  This was a some VW
club booth that had taken an entire nothcback apart and suspended the
body and various parts by wires overhead.  A little like the parts
book pictures where you can see order of assembly.
    Most of the mag's had water pumper articles, and almost all the
ad's were from "Tuning" houses, you know stuføWÁhrome look
diamond plate floor mats etc. (gag).

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR