[T3] pressure regulator

I have a '72 FI squareback that refuses to start.  I had the fuel pump
re-built a couple of weeks ago and that got it running for about a week
but then one day it wouldnt start again.  it's getting planty of flow
from the gas tank butÁ>U% a strange noise coming from the pressure
regulator. It's a low pitched squeek or maybe kind of a moan. It happens
when the ignition is turned on and the pump runs for a second and also
when I'm cranking the engine.  Has anyone heard of this before.  Thanks
for any help anyone might have.
                            Aaron