[no subject]

Stan Schaefer wrote:

> Yup, there were 4-tracks, I remember seeing them in a electronics
> surplus catalog in the 60's.  Were sort of the Betamax format of the
> time, but didn't sell as well.  A totally different cassette from the
> 8-track, didn't even look the same.  Never had one, had enough
> electronic debris at the time.

If I remember corectly, and as I get older that gets more difficult, the
4 tracks were primarily used in radio stations for recording comercials
and such. I don't remember any that were for sale to the autosound or
home market. The radio stations have moved to DATs and CDs now days. I
do remember glove compartment and underdash record players though that
were available back in the 50s. These didn't work out very well for
obvious reasons. People today complain about CD players skipping while
running over bumps can you imagine crossing railroad tracks with the old
78s playing on your turntable :-)

Dana Hall
65 Notch Sunroof
77 Beetle