Re: [T3] T3 sighting.....

On 22 Jan 99, at 21:57, Dave Hall wrote:

> Isn't it always the problem with VWs in films that you find fault
> with the details?  How does Harrison crank the Squareback with
> headlights on?  Mine go out (X-relay) when I try that, and they're
> not that different ages; big bumpers, long front.

The X-relay is a Golf part, never used in the type 3s.  I think the
headlight interlock only started in 71, but it is done in the
ignition switch.  If they had used the X-relay it would have been a
little easier on that switch, but most of them last 20+ years so it's
hard to find fault.

So this MIGHT have been a 70, but I seem to recall that the car in
witness was a later car, so you are probably right about this.  Good
eyes!

Jim