[T3] valves, timing

    After logging a 14 mpg tank of gas, I am do*žoxne up!  The
points had "nipples" on them that I filed off (I will be buying
Compufire soon...).
    I adjusted the valves tonight, and I have a question:  Why was the
#3 exhaust valve still at .006" gap?  All the others were between .007
and .010.  Does this mean I am burning up this valve?
    Tommorow I will regap the points and static time.  But I can't
match my fan pulley marks with the Muir guide.  The marks look like
this    I   I I I, which looks like a '72+ from the illustrations.
The motor was rebuilt by the PO, who I know had a '68 motor in there
for awhile, but that doesn't match either.  I list consensus is 7.5
deg. BTDC for my 009/dual solex setup, so which notch?  In the past I
used the 3rd (from the left), assuming they were 0.0, 5.0, 7.5, and
10.0 respectively...

Much obliged,
Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip