Re: [T3] Cylinder Heads

On 16 Jan 99, at 16:39, Rune “¼Ēkrote:

> I'm gonna rebuild my engine. A friend of mine has a couple of cylinder
> heads, that i can buy. The thing is that they are originally to a 1600
> type 1 engine. Is it the same heads that are on a -71 squareback (1600
> carburetor engine)?

They do not have the boss for the temp sensor, but if you have carbs
you are not using that.  They do have a dowell for aligning the
intake manifolds which you do not want.  These might be removable, or
that might be impossible.  They may also have a step in the
combustion chamber that lowers the compression ratio; this could be
machined away if you don't want it.

Jim

Jim