Re: [T3] collector exhaust

Dave, if you're talking about the j-tubes, I'd recommend getting flanges
welded onto them before you get much further.  Any muffler shop should
be able to put a set of flanges on both the j-tube end and the collector
end of your exhausts, then you can just unbolt them if you ever need to
remove the exhaust.  I did this to the exhaust I had on a '59 beetle
once, and it works like a charm.  No leaks, ever!

Jake Kooser