[T3] different motors, lousy running engines

one can tell who has a life, based on the postings! The big leak on a
big engine in a type 3 is the lack of anything substantial to attach
mounts anywhere on the back of the body or pan. A mid engine install
would be a possibility, but the torsion tube for the rear suspension is
somewhat in the way. A Buick engine has a low block below the
crankshaft, so it can't be lowered much, but a 4.3 Chevy is like a
smallblock Chevy, and a custom pan might be made to clear. A type 3
transaxle is only safe to about 100 horsepower then things start
grenading, so a bus or Porsche trans is what is required, and they ain't
cheap. I went out and looked both at my good car and my stripped wreck
to reach these conclusions. Possible? anything is possible...
And the lousy running, I got stranded 25 years ago 30 miles from Indio,
California, with a lousy-running bus that had similar problems, and
changing the points got me 10 miles at 25mph, so I hitched to town and
got a new condenser and that fixed it... the electronic unit is great,
but make sure to carry a spare distributor with points or at least the
old points and condenser to put back on, because while unlikely, if the
electronic unit takes a dump there you sit...
Happy new year
Jim Flowers
69 Panelvan clone