Re: VW of Germany

Hi Emily,

No, notches were never imported into the US.  Te WERE imported into
Canada and Mexico, but that was as close as the were OFFICIALLY
imported.  Otherwise your car may have been in the GREY MARKET import.
Someone bought it in Germany and sent it to the US.  This is what
happened with my '56 Ghia, the original owner purchased it in
Weisbadden, drove it to England, shipped it to NY, drove it home to San
Antonio, Texas.

The other option is that a private importer had it shipped to his place
of business and sold it there, but if your car has a German Dealer
Badge, the first is more likely.

By the way, here is the address I sent off for the Ghia's papers...

Volkswagen AG
Postfach
3180 Wolfsburg 1
F. R. Germany