Re: paint codes

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, VW SQUAREBACK wrote:

> Where on the body of the car do you find the paint code?  I want to paint
> my squareback the factory red, but I do not know what color it is.  I went
> to my local paint supply and got about 10 paint codes, but I do not have
> anything to compare them to.
>
> tia

Hi, Tim:

Well, on my '71 it is on the left side of the front trunk, near where the
jack mounts.  It should be silver colored.  My local auto paint store had
PPG catalogues that had a page for each VW year that had swatches of each
stock color.  They, were, however, quite discolored from what the colors
actually were!  They were able to cross reference at the store through
their computer, and I was able to get a better idea of what each color
actually was.

Good luck!
Doug Henry
'71 SQB