Re: [T3] Question on wheel trim rings

<x-flowed>
I got my '69 from the first owners. On the car were three shinier trim rings. Two of the shiny ones still had their rubber valve stem insert, and the third shiny ring had clearly lost its rubber insert as indicated by staining around the hole.

The fourth wheel had a not-quite-so-shiny trim ring with no sign of a rubber insert. I also received with the car a package of three new, unused trim rings. Clearly they had lost one, bought a pack of four, and installed one as a replacement.

I assume that the car originally came with the set with the rubber inserts, though I have no way to prove this.

I recently bought a pair of beat up trim rings just for the rubber inserts! (You laugh at me now, but some day they'll be as desirable as timing hole plugs! Bwahahahahahha!!)

	The car's wheels are painted black.

-Greg