Re: [T3] what is "stock"

>>Hmmm... Didn't I see a Wankel rotary as an option in
>> an old Notch brochure somewhere? Maybe I dreampt it.
>> :)
>>
> No, The Wankel never came as an option on any VW. Wankel patents were
>originally owned by Auto Union, which is now Audi.
Wasn't one of the first Wankels planted in an NSU in the early 50's or
so? I seem to remember a picture of one in my VW museum book, and that
NSU is in the VW museum. That's almost close enough for government work
by my figuring.
David "20 years in civil service" Walters
'73 1600 L Notchback
S. FL, USA