Re: [T3] Type 3 tow bar?

 Thomas wrote:
> I'm looking for a tow bar that can be attached to the front beam of a Type 3
>similar to the ones sold for standard Beetles.  Is there a source for these?

 Sorry Thomas, but there are no commercially available tow bars out there for
the type3. You really have to make an adapter plate to do that, as the front
beam of a type3 is not round like a beetle. You have 2 ways of building an
adapter though, use a super beetle tow bar and lengthen it and use some large
"U" bolts to attach the pivot plate to the beam. Or you use a flat plate that
clamps/bolts around the beam with 2 bosses that hold a 2" round tube for the
std beetle tow bar. Other than that it looks like you need a tow dolly.
 Whatever you do, DON'T tow off the bumper mount or the bumper as most type3s
are very thin there now due to rust and age. Also that area is just sheet
metal, nothing heavy or thick, and can be ripped out very easily. I'm
starting to sound like Jim A. now : ). I know this isn't what you wanted to
hear, but I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Squareback-AT