Re: [T3] FW: have you seen the cars?

Daniel wrote:
>>There must have been more car imports to the US in the '60s than I
thought.
The other day I was watching a real dud of an old movie from 1962 -
something about the aftermath of an atomic-bomb attack on Los Angeles.
There were loads of cars in this film, and I could have sworn I saw an
Austin A40 Farina. Did they sell those in the US? Calling that a classic
car is a bit
like calling that film a classic movie.<<

It was possible to buy just about anything here (including cars not
officially imported like Notchbacks and Type 34 Ghias!) until emissions
and safety regulations began changing in the late 1960s, which made it
more difficult to bring cars to legal spec. A woman I used to work with
drove an Austin A40 around the Hollywood hills back in the early 60s.

Scott
62 343, 65 361