Re: [T3] Distributor misalignment (PPS)

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>

> Considering the stone-age hacks, it'll probably take a little more
> investigation to determine stock specs for your specific engine, which
> might've come from anywhere. 10 BTDC is about where mine is timed, for
> altitude. What's your engine number? And which distributor?

Engine no. is 146478X. It is defintely not the original engine that came
with the car, whose number I know because it is on my "birth certificate". I
don't know what kind of distributor I have. It is a vacuum advance type. I
couldn't see any numbers on it so I don't know whether it might be e.g. a
Type 1 distributor that someone fitted. I have an extra distributor that is
from a Type 3, I think, but again, I don't know whether it would work with
my engine.

So, to recap, here are the numbers I have after a bit of analysis:

Dwell: 47.8 degrees
Timing: approx 10 BDTC
Idle Speed: Approx 900

I'll get around to doing the valves soon, now that I know what's what. I
started the engine up today when it became obvious I wasn't going to do it
today. It started first time, immediately, after not having run for maybe a
week. It backfired a bit until it warmed up, but didn't seem about to stall
and calmed down after a minute or so  If this were a timing problem wouldn't
it also backfire when it got warm? I am assuming it's probably crud settling
in the carbs but I would be happy if someone would tell me otherwise
otherwise. Once it warmed up it idled flawlessly, and didn't backfire when I
revved it up.

Regards,

Daniel

</x-charset>