Re: [T3] Digging out the rear trans seal

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Monday 05 November 2001 20:40, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 5 Nov 2001, at 14:26, shackedup wrote:
The proper installation tool is a piece of pipe that
> is just the right diameter and finished flat and smooth on the end.

Just a point. I am pretty cheap at times. I use the tubular portion of an old
T-1 front torsion arm as an installation tool. It is exactly the right
diameter, and length. I cut the diagonal portion off with a torch.
As for a removal tool, It is home made too. It is half of a 3rd/4th shifter
fork, with a piece of jack handle welded to it.
Just to say, you don't have to have all the expensive tools, just make do
with what is available and a little shade tree engineering.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT