RE: Tie Rods

Finding the left outer tie rod end is easier than the left inner one, if I
remember correctly.  One of them is angled at the completely opposite angle
of a type one tie rod end ( I found this out when I tried to replace my worn
tie rods and the guys at the VW shop had no listing for type three ones and
sold me a type one tie rod end instead)  I found original manufacturer tie
rod ends on carparts.com believe it or not - they specify MOOG or something
online in their catalogue, but when I got it, it was in a MOOG box, but the
original name was stamped in the metal, (Bocap, I think?)  Anyway, it
matched the original perfectly and the car was aligned with no problems, I
also bought new ball joints from the same website, everything seemed to be
old stock, but new and in good condition!  Also, check your calipers to be
sure they haven't lost a bolt and are pivoting back and forth when you
brake.  Good luck!

Yancy Everhart