RE: Day/Night Mirror

>>the ones that snap into the ceiling have 2
lengths, but that was just a year thing. Didn't 66s have a screw-on
mirror?<<

I just checked the parts list and I learned a lot about mirrors. The
list says that 65 was the last year for the screw-on mirror. It also
appears that there are two different length mirrors through 67: one for
the Notch/Fastback (long) and one for the Squareback (short). And here's
where it gets really strange: the Notch/Fasty mirrors up through 67 had
no "stub", but Squareback mirrors up through 67 did (my 65 does). Weird.
What Squareback-specific purpose does the stub serve?

Scott
62 343, 65 361