Re: [T3] sync carbs

> I think the real question here is, how do you turn the engine over by hand
> to statically time it and for that matter set the valves.

I find it possible to turn over the engine by hand on the dynamo pulley,
maybe putting a bit of extra deflection on the belt to stop it slipping.
Have I just had lousy compression on all the Type 3s I've owned?  I wouldn't
say my grip is any better than most, and worse than a lot of 'sons of the
soil'.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/