[T3] New Carbs and Tie Rod Ends

Hi,I was the guy with the Solex 32/34 carb problems.  One was
bad.  Well, I ordered a set of Weber Duel 34ICT with the manafolds
and linkages, for $360 from Calif Pacific.  Hopefully they will
be here this weekend so I can have some fun installing them.

I got a set of Tie Rod Ends from JC Whitney that are genuine
AUDI/VW parts  $9 each.  Can you guys give me any advice on installing
them.  Tricks?  I thought I would correct the steering wheel
being off at the same time.  The car handles great, steers straight
and doesnt have any shimmy.  When I took the car in to have my
new chrome rims installed the garage suggested I put new tie
rods in.  (I think they wanted the business)  Wanted $50 apiece
for the Tie rod ends plus labor.  It seams like most of you guys
are VW mechanics, I just survive.  any advice is great
Ralph, 1970 fastback, auto, ac.
oh my AC compressor is leaking, where can i get a new/rebuilt
one?