Re: [T3] New Carbs and Tie Rod Ends

On 26 Jul 2001, at 6:59, Ralph Stover wrote:

> I thought I would correct the steering wheel being off
> at the same time.

There is a CORRECT center position for the steering gear. On later
cars it is marked with a notch in a little ring pressed onto the
steering gear input shaft. See your Bentley manual. I'm pretty sure
it is covered there.

The usual method of just resetting the steering wheel is not the
right way to do this on a VW.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org