[T3] what died on me?

i was driving yesterday, just putting down the road when all of a sudden it
felt like i lost 2 cylinders, and it sounded like i had dropped a bolt into
my chamber and or gravel in my case, so lastnight at 12am i took it all
apart and took off my heads, only to find nothing wrong, then turned it over
by hand and smooth as silk, so the bearings are ok right?

i found NOTHING out of the ordinary

but it is an 1835cc, with an automatic tranny, did i blow my torque
converter? or my tranny itself?

how can i check?

any ideas?
-Lance