Re: [T3] Distributor Drive Shaft Problem Is Worse - It's Halfway Fixed Now

At 11:13 PM 4/27/01 -0500, Jim Adney wrote:
> >       It's such a good idea, that somebody already thought of it. ;)  You
> > can buy drain plugs with magnets in them for about five bucks or so.  I use
> > them on my cars.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with these? I don't, but I wonder
>if they would ever pick anything up since most of the stuff that
>wears off in an engine is non-magnetic.

I put one in my T1 when cleaned out and reringed the 1776 -- initially it
picked up a bunch of little grit, probably introduced when the engine was
apart on the bench, but after the third oil change I didn't find anything
to speak of on it.

FWIW, YMMV, standard disclaimers apply, whati s the wingtip velocity of an
unladen swallow.