T-3 turn indicator problem

     Hello, team.

     I am having a strange problem with my turn indicator lamps on the dash
     gauge. (I refer to the little arrow lights that blink in tandem when
     the turn signal is engaged.) When you flip the lever up or down (for a
     turn), the dash lights blink once at the normal brightness, then get
     dimmer with each blink, until they don't blink at all. Kind of like
     "bright, dim, dimmer, dimmer, out". You can still hear the
     intermittent sound of the relay. This just started about a week ago.
     Prior to that, the dash lights always worked fine (bright and
     consistent).

     The lights on the outside of the car (left and right, front and rear)
     seem to work just fine.

     Is it a resistance problem that might be solved by cleaning the
     contacts on the 6V flasher relay? Or is the 6V relay going bad? What
     else can I check?

     Thanks to everyone!

     - Todd
     thanson@frost.com