Fire Safety?

>From: "Gray, Neil" <ngray@villco.com>

>I was thinking about disconnecting the electrical connection at the fuel
>pump and may be the coil also. (I know to remove the high tension wire
>but I was not sure of the other wires on the coil.) Any help on this
>matter will be appreciated.

Disconnect the points wire, the low voltage one that runs from the coil to
the distributor, plus just unplug the white plastic plug from the fuel pump
relay that is under the dash just to the left of the steering column.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin