Re: '66 fenders

At 05:08 PM 1/21/97 -0500, SeraphimlV@aol.com wrote:
>Hi, I am having a hard time finding fenders for my squareback. I live in PA
>and no one on the west coast will send them out UPS and since I do have a
>budget sending them by truck is out of the question. If anyone can help not
>only I but my car will be indebted to you.

UPS has a size limitation that they refer to as girth (sp) which equals
circumference (the short way around) plus length.  I think your fender would
be hard to fit within that limitation.  If you can figure out a box size
that would work by measuring your old fender, you might be able to suggest
that to the vendor.

Another carrier that may be in your budget is Greyhound.  Their sizing
requirements are different from UPS in that they seem to want standard sizes
to be used.  One of those sizes that might work for you is 24 X 53 X 74.
This is a much bigger girth than UPS would ship.  It must also be under 100
pounds.

Larry

---Larry Edson, Editor
   Karmann Ghia Club of North America