[T3] Schaffner Motors Closing 15 June

I don't know much about this place, but I think it has a pretty good rep,
and they are going out of business. Supposedly he threw out a bunch of T3
Glass..might still be able to get it, if you live near by.

Here is the email I got on my T2 list.

I live on the other side of the country, otherwise I would check it out
myself.

Again, I do not know anything more than what is in the following text...

-Kevin

Sad news for the VW Community in the North West.

> After 34 years of serving the VW community from their Lynnwood WA.
> location, Schaffner Motors is closing as of 15 June 2006. Schaffer's
> has been well known for their honest and competent service, the full
> restorations on VW's, and as a source of used parts for the vintage VW
community.

> Rudi Schaffner asked me to send this notice to all the various VW
> lists I'm on.  He emphasized that he wants to express his deep thanks
> to all his loyal customers from over the years and make it clear he
> will still be selling vintage parts from has large stock but over the
> Internet, not from the Lynnwood location.
>

> The good news is that he really, really needs to get rid of the 'Big
Stuff'.
> This is body panels, doors, hatches, suspension parts, all the stuff
> that is too big (and to many) to move to the smaller location that
> will be used to continue to sell over the Internet.  Although mostly
> Bug and Bus parts, there is also a supply of Vanagon body panels, interior
door panels, etc.
Also
> wheels including two full sets of factory alloys.  Some Vanagon seats,
> including a gray Vanagon center seat.  A set of cabinets from an '80
Westy.