Re: no power

On 14 Mar 2003 at 9:41, Cool43whip@aol.com wrote:

> You have all given me a lot to think about.  I do have one more question for
> Jim.  The Dizzy I have that is the L model does not "snap" back  from the
> mechanical advance.  It is very slow in returning.  What can I do about this?

Send it to me. I'll rebuild it and fix this problem, as well as some others.
The cost is $55, including return shipping, plus any major parts if necessary.
Major parts are generally NOT necessary, and from your description they would
not be in your case either.

This will make a huge difference in your engine's performance. Unfortunately,
it is a fairly common problem with our older cars.

If you want, you can ask other list members about their experiences with my
rebuilds. Right now I've got a couple of jobs ahead of you, but I hope to get
past those this weekend.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org