Re: [T3] noisy speedo

On 5 Mar 2003 at 21:19, Hanson,Todd wrote:

> The speedometer seemed a little noisy on the drive in to work today.
> Can I disconnect the main cable and lubricate it somehow? If so, how?
> What should I use (graphite, etc.)?

The cable is hard to lube, because you can't pull the wire out of the housing.
I have tried just dripping some heavy oil down it and letting that work its way
in, but that seldom seems to work.

Keep in mind that the problem is often in the speedometer rather than in the
cable. You can take the speedo out and just a drop or 2 of light oil in around
the input shaft (don't waste oil down the center hole of that shaft.)

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org