[T3] Wiper motor

<x-charset Windows-1252>Hi all,

Today I had a Bright Idea. I thought, "Let's turn on the wiper switch and
see what happens".

So here's what happened. I believe I heard a little "clunk" from the wiper
motor, and then a fuse blew. This didn't surprise me. What did surprise me a
bit was that next time I tried switching the ignition on, the fuse blew
again, even though the wiper switch was turned off.

After blowing a few more fuses (I keep a stock of them) I disconnected the
wiper motor from the fuse box and all was well again.

OK, so what have I done? Is it time to start looking for a new wiper motor?
Or is it the switch? How can I tell which one is the problem? There is
plenty more wiring to be done in the car, so I cannot discount the
possibility that it is the wiring, except that up to now everything was OK
even with the wiper motor connected to the fuse box.

thanks,

Daniel Baum
'69 T34 automatic.