Re: [T3] coloured dashboards

<x-charset iso-8859-1>JimA=> Sounds truly awesome! How much of it is still red?

I only  went for light customizing in redoing the interior. Actually a fair
amount of the original interior was still in fair shape, and I've preserved
it all -- the red '66s are pretty rare. I've recovered my dash pads and door
caps in red vinyl; the carpets are as close to a match to the original I
could get without shelling out for the probably impossible-to-find
square-weave, and what I got was the last of what Sewfine was able to find.
All the other red stuff I've tried to do more or less as stock apart from
grey tweed inserts on the seats and door panels. I haven't found any red
seat-recline knobs yet, though (mine shattered on the first attempt to turn
them). The only original red parts that you can see are the armrests and the
plastic cover on the back of the ignition switch.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Grosse Karmann