Re:[T3] Seats and radio question

Jim wrote:
>>Does the 34 microfilm show the lowback seats?
IIRC, that would mean that the 34 seats are different from the rest
of ours. I would have thought that they were all the same as the rest of
ours
and thus none of them would appear in the 34 microfilm, which only
shows parts that are different from "normal" type 3 parts.<<

Yes, the parts list shows several versions of the Type 34 lowback seats.
They are a completely different animal than standard Type 3 seats, much
lower and constructed more like Type 1 Ghia seats (as you might expect).
With standard Type 3 seats installed in a Type 34 your knees would
probably be level with the top of the dash.  : - o

I'm sure if production had continued we'd have seen highbacks in the
Ghia, but seeing as production had geared down to only a few thousand in
the 69 model year  I suspect Karmann was reluctant to invest in any new
tooling.

Scott
62 1500 Ghia
65 1500S Squareback Sedan