Re: Fwd: Re: [T3]Emission's Results

I keep forgetting to respond to the group and not the poster.  My response is below.

--- Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org> wrote:
> On 18 Nov 2001, at 9:23, jim wrote:
>
> >  I recently (10/31/2001) had an emissions test on my 69 Squareback
> >  with a (mostly) 72 FI engine in Illinois.  Here are the results:
> >
> >                My Readings      Standards for IL
> >  HC            318              900
> >  Hydrocarbons
> >
> >  CO            5.4%             9.0%
> >  Carbon Monoxide
> >
> >  CO2           4.8%             NA
> >  Carbon Dioxide
>
> Were these the 1972 standards?

I'm not sure, these were the same standards my 1977 FI Beetle had to pass 6 months
earlier so I would guess in Illinois, older cars up to 1981 have the same, relatively
lax, standards for emissions.  Cars built after 1981 have a different test for emissions
which is why I'd guess 1967-1981 cars fall under the easier to pass test.

  -jim-

=====
all new and now with genuine meat by-products...
http://www.machobeagle.com