Re: [T3] Transmision ID

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Friday 16 November 2001 01:09, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:
> I need to find out what transmission is in my car, so I can order a
> replacement.  There is a possibility the PO swapped it from his '68
> parts car.  Is there a serial number?  It doesn't have a reverse light
> switch which suggests it's original '66.  However, the car was
> partially converted to 12v by the PO, which I think means the bell
> housing needed clearancing?  The car has a 12v starter, but I don't
> know which type  flywheel.

There should be a serial number stamped into the trans case on the right
side. There is a flat spot about 4" long, at about 45 degrees up from the
bottom. You may have to scrape dirt and paint off to find it.
No back up light switch just means that it might have been machined out in
the bell housing, or it has an early front shift housing.
If i get a chance today, I will look at my '66 and see if I am right as to
the serial number.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT