[T3] Re: [T3] Anyone know about original radio mounts??

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Rob Carpenter wrote:
> I have a '63 without the original radio, but still has
> the mount. I have noticed it has like electric prongs
> up on the top, and it appears the correct radio for
> this would simply slide up and groove into these, so I
> guess my question would be.

Yeah, ditto what Jim Adney said, it could be a picnic radio mount (pull-out
radio suitable for use on picnics) but I'd have to see a pic to know for
sure.

If it is, it's pretty easy to find a picnic radio, the mount is the hard
part to find...

My '65 Squareback had a Sapphire III in it and it just had the "typical"
metal brace under the ash tray - USA dealer installed.

Everett
http://www.thesamba.com

</x-charset>