Re: [T3] Master cylinder question

<x-flowed windows-1252>Everett Barnes wrote:

>Where is this valve?  The master cylinder I removed and the new disc brake
>one appear to be identical.

Hmm, "bottom valve" is a direct translation from swedish. :-) That valve
is called "check valve" in a Type 1 Bentley manual and the Type 3 Haynes
manual.

The check valve is located at the bottom of the MC bore and is the last
piece you remove if you remove the internal parts of the MC.

>In either case, my old m/c is ATE and the new one is FAG so I guess I cannot
>swap parts.

The "don't swap parts" statement was in the factory manual from 1965. If
you compare the parts side by side you could probably decide if they are
similar enough to swap.

Henrik Larsson, Sweden

</x-flowed>