Re: [T3] engine diagnosis

On 7 Nov 2001, at 1:28, Per Lindgren wrote:

> You now are speaking of the hardness of camshafts and lifters, and
> last week we were discussing valve lash. Is there any possibility
> that the valve lash was increased because of the camshaft, lifters
> or pushrods?

The valve lash depends on all these things, but to various degrees.

The way I see it, however, the biggest contribution comes from the
differental thermal expansion of the various parts and the fact that
the cylinders and head studs are steel while the pushrods are
aluminum (which expands 3x as much as steel.)