Re: [T3] Odd Whirring Noise

On 3 Nov 2001, at 19:41, JaransonT3@aol.com wrote:

> Well, I tried Jim's suggestion to use a screwdriver in my ear as a
> stethoscope.  I was able to isolate the sound to the generator.  I squirted a
> bit of WD-40 at each end and the noise went away.  Not sure how long it will
> stay away, but it is gone for now.

WD-40 itself is almost worthless as a lubricant, but it may move
around some of the old grease that is in there already. It's rather
easy to put some fresh grease in the front bearing, but getting the
rear one out is a bit tricky. When I replace these, I use double
sealed bearings rather than the single shielded ones that come as
OE.