Re: [T3] Exaust smell inside car, Carbon Dioxide?

On 3 Nov 2001, at 17:20, Rob Carpenter wrote:

> I drove my '63 Notch today and noticed at the end of
> my trip (when motor was really getting hotter) I start
> to become afixiated with this smell it even burns my
> eyes, where could this be coming from??
> It starts to become more noticeable around 30 miles
> out..

It is engine exhaust gas. The most common entry point is via the
heater. Check the seals where the muffler connects to the lower
heat exchangers. Run your hands around these with the engine
running. You will probably find exhaust squirting out somewhere
and this gas can squirt thru the seam into the air chamber in the
lower heat exchanger and join the air there which is being blowing
into the car.

Fix the seals and the problem is likely to go away.