Re: [T3] EFI to Carbs

On 2 Nov 2001, at 12:33, Wuzmop@aol.com wrote:

>  I have been trying to get the FI working,but keep getting frustrated. I take 1
>  step forward and 2 steps back. The car is now flooding and will barely run. The
>  engine is very sound and I have checked out the ignition system before it
>  started this. Since getting it started for the first time in 14-15 years I have
>  replaced the head temp sensor,the pressure sensor hoses,lines,cleaned the
>  throttle valve regulator and nothing helps. Is it possible that I blew out the
>  injectors when I started it and they are now just leaking fuel into the
>  cylinders?

Okay, so ignition is good, including the mechanical advance mech? Also all
the usual tuneup things: dwell, timing, valve adjustment.

Put a clean hose on the pressure sensor and suck on it. It should hold
vacuum. If it does not then there is a leak there which MAY be fixable, or you
may need a "new" pressure sensor.

Have you checked the fuel pressure? 28-30psi.

Have you checked the charging system regulating voltage? Should be 14.1-
14.4V measured at the battery at medium RPM after a drive to get everything
warmed up. If it is below 13.5V, replace the voltage regulator. This is a
common problem which makes the EFI run rich.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054