Re: [T3] Oil leak.

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Friday 02 November 2001 08:53, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2001, at 0:05, Daniel M. Hoopes wrote:

> Proper use of Teflon tape means, among other things, not letting the tape
> hang over the end of the pipe fitting where it will be sheared off and
> released into the oil stream. It should be kept back one turn from the end
> of the fitting.

And if you are working with hydraulics, it is to stay back 2 threads from the
end. I very seldom use teflon tape unless it is for a temporary connection.
On any of our connections in industrial hydraulics, we always use a pipe
sealant made by Loctite. Teflon tape can really screw up hydraulic valves
with their close tolerances.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT